Frequently Asked Questions
- How old do I have to be to volunteer? Our volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. We do have a summer volunteer program for teens ages 13-17. Learn more here.
- If I’m too young to volunteer, can I still help? Yes! Our younger supporters can do many things to support the animals. Great examples are bake sales to raise funds, pet food drives, making handmade dog/cat toys, and more. If you have questions or need more ideas, please contact our Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is there a minimum time commitment? Yes, we ask that our volunteers spend at least 8 hours per month at the shelter. This can be done weekly, biweekly, or even once a month if you prefer. We do realize that “life happens” and if you need to take time off from volunteering, you will simply need to contact our Volunteer Manager to make arrangements.
- Can I do court-ordered community service at BCAS? We are unable to host court-ordered volunteers.
- What are the hours during which volunteers can work? It all depends on the job! Generally, shifts are available from 10 AM-6 PM during the week, and 8 AM-4 PM on Saturday. Shifts are 2 hours long, though you can sign up for consecutive shifts if you like.
- How do I set my schedule? Volunteers sign-up for shifts using an online program called Shelter Buddy, which is accessible at the shelter and from your personal computer. We will provide training on signing up for shifts during your initial orientation.
Sounds great, I’d love to help!
The first step is to tell us more about yourself here.
Click the link above to give us your information and our Volunteer Manager will be in contact shortly!
Return to Volunteer Page